Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Truth

On this night I feel so all alone
Empty walls surrounding my empty bones
And everything is alright
But I just can’t shake this feeling aside
Cuz I’ve been looking for something I had before
Something beautiful, something just to make me whole
But everybody, we all need, we need somebody
Cuz nothing ever has come close, and in the end what matters most is
Love.

I met a man out on highway 25
He said he left his kids and kissed his wife goodbye
He said I’m out to lose myself on the open road
Searching while all the world’s not gonna find what he’s got at home
He went looking for something he thought he had before
Something beautiful, something just to make him whole
But everybody, we all need, we need somebody
Cuz nothing ever did come close, and he found out what matters most is
Love.

People dying, world’s are fighting, in our homes our children crying
Tell me what we’re gonna do
Look at the way we live, the things we choose
Cuz everybody needs a home, and the truth is this, and this I know
We’ll fight and just to find a way
In Love.

Cuz we’ve been looking something we ain’t had before
Something beautiful, something just to make us whole
But everybody, everybody, we need somebody
Nothing ever will come close, and in the end what matters most is
Love.

On this night I feel so all alone.



The Truth by Catherine Papworth - this and the rest of her new EP is available on itunes.. go download it.. I promise you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment