Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time of death

I've had to explain to a little girl why Grandpa won't be around tomorrow, I've held back tears listening to a loving wife say the Lord's prayer while I prepared to wrap her husbands body. I've done CPR on someone's husband, wife, child, friend. I've held family members in my arms because I'm the only thing they have left. I've watched parents lose their children, and children lose their parents. I've been a part of a team that saved a life, and I've been a part of a team that failed. We'll spend hours doing all that we know how to do, minutes explaining to the family why it didn't work, and days re-playing it silently in our head trying to figure out why. So in case you ever think that we don't care about those we lose, know that It takes everything we have to continue our day. To not stand in the bathroom and cry our eyes out. To take off our gloves, and start over.. And continue to start over for the next 10 hours knowing that we failed, and we may fail again.


In school, we take 100 classes on how to fight off death, and not 1 on how to go on living.

No comments:

Post a Comment